Caring Through Teamwork
HCIB’s interdisciplinary team of professionals works closely together to coordinate care and services and provide guidance and support. Our specially trained team meets with patients and their family members to determine goals and plan of care, allowing the patient to live as fully as possible while remaining comfortable, wherever they call home, surrounded by people who care.
- Our Medical Director provides oversight of the hospice team and is available to consult with the patient’s physician.
- Nurses offer specialized knowledge and experience in the management of pain and other distressing symptoms and are available to address all hospice concerns 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Certified Palliative Care Clinician supports the team regarding chronic medical and challenging symptom management issues our patients may have.
- Social Workers provide emotional support to patients and families and can help address personal, financial and practical concerns. They also offer support and assistance to family members and caregivers for the first year of bereavement.
- Spiritual Counselors are available to support the patient and family’s personal beliefs and traditions, regardless of religious affiliation.
- Hospice Aides are available to assist with bathing and other personal care needs as well as helping the patient with any activity or exercise needs. They may also attend to light household chores such as making beds, preparing meals, and doing laundry, as well as other tasks as assigned by the nurse.
- Volunteers offer a compassionate and caring presence to the patients, family, and caregivers. They can provide respite for a family member or caregiver, foster friendships and perform a variety of tasks such as light household chores and running errands.
- Volunteers are instrumental in organizational and administrative work that supports the overall hospice program.
- Bereavement Counselors are available for support and assistance to family members during hospice care and through the first year of bereavement.
- The Administrative Staff includes a wide range of highly skilled professionals who are responsible for the organizational management and programmatic support of hospice. Our knowledgeable staff is committed to ensuring hospice services are implemented in an environment of compliance, quality and excellence.
Contact us to learn how our caring, compassionate hospice team can help.